The DD6-RV upgrades any existing 1990-2006 big twin 5 speed to a Direct Drive 6 Speed with Reverse. The contents in the DD6-RV kit are similar to the F6R; door, side cover, countershaft, reverse gear train and hardware. Existing gearset (except countershaft), shift system and top cover will be re-used with the DD6-RV installation. The DD6-RV will be appreciated by those with heavy GVW applications (trikes, side cars and trailers) or those with compromised leg mobility. Also available as a 6 Speed Builder’s Kit with reverse, or as a complete transmission upgrade. No longer do you have to wrestle that large bagger out of a tight parking situation. You can safely and easily back up in reverse using the throttle and clutch. All reverse functions are on the handlebars and/or inner fairing. No reaching down near the hot exhaust to actuate reverse. By design it is mechanically impossible to be in reverse and a forward gear like other units on the market. Maintain the freedom of being powered by an American Big Twin – even in reverse!
– Will retrofit with all BAKER LSD DD6 transmissions.
– Full complement of parts and detailed instructions included for an easy installation.
– Reverse is designed as a creeper gear for the safest operation possible.
– Reverse selection controlled by aircraft grade shifting solenoid & crank assembly. Electronic reverse safety lock out solenoid is energized with the handlebar mounted momentary toggle switch.
– No ‘accidentally’ shifting into reverse. Solenoids are only powered when the bike is in neutral and automatically turn ‘off’ when bike is shifted out of neutral.
– Redundant dual spring system on the shifting bell crank assembly make it is the safest reverse system on the market today.
– True ‘plug & play’ wiring harness. No using the starter motor for reverse maneuvers either.
– No case modifications required for reverse gearset installation.
– Backed by a 2 year limited warranty.
– 5.93:1 ratio reverse gear in the DD6-RV gearset, which is 45% shorter than the standard DD6 1st gear ( 3.24:1). Making it essentially a creeper gear.- Reverse gears and dogs made of 8620 gear steel, fully case hardened to 58-62 Rockwell C. Ground tooth profiles with diamond coating tooling
– Billet (6061-T6) Aluminum bearing door and side covers. Available in polished or chrome finishes.
– Pre heat treated 4140 billet steel shift fork (28-32 Rockwell C) rides on a case hardened, ground finish fork rod.
– Hydraulic side cover (1.5″ Piston) works with stock and aftermarket 11/16″ bore hydraulic clutch lever assemblies.
– All included bolts are polished stainless steel.
– Clears the stock FLT/ FLH cast oil spout.
– Will retrofit with previously installed BAKER DD6 transmissions.
– DD6 countershaft disassembly for reverse kit install requires a split bearing puller. BAKER makes a tool designed just for this job, pn 483-DD6RVT, pictured below under recommended upgrades.
– Typical install time is 6-9 hours depending on the model of motorcycle, exhaust and installed accessories.
– Sticks out from bearing door the same amount as a stock mechanical (cable style) transmission side cover.
– Due to the solenoid location on the side cover, the DD6-RV may not work with some 2-into-1 exhaust systems where the rear head pipe goes down in front of the transmission. Clears all stock exhaust systems will a small amount of clearancing to the lower door mount exhaust bracket required on stock FLT/ FLH systems.
|DD6-RVP*||Bolt On Reverse Kit, Polished||All LSD BAKER DD6’s|
|DD6-RVC*||Bolt On Reverse Kit, Chrome||All LSD BAKER DD6’s|
NOTE:All above PN’s come standard with a cable type side cover, unless ordered otherwise
Add: -U Suffix For Upgrade To A BAKER DD6 Builder’s Kit Or Complete Build
Add: -H Suffix For Hydraulic Side Cover Version
Add: -HI Suffix For 2007-Later Indian Hydraulic Side Cover Version
*2000-2006 Softail Models Require BAKER PN TCSO-A, Oil Line Adapter Kit
|SHB-A||Hand Control Mounted, Satin Black||H-D™ Factory Hand Controls|
|SHC-A||Hand Control Mounted, Chrome||H-D™ Factory Hand Controls|
|423-F5R||1″ Handlebar Mounted, Polished||1″ Handle Bars|
|FRNG-MNT**||Switches with Rubber Boots||FLT/ FLH Inner Fairing, Custom Location|
**pn FRNG-MNT comes standard with all kits unless ordered otherwise.
– Bully Derby Cover (1999-2006 5 Hole Derby Cover Models)
– Function Formed FLT/ FLH Oil Spout
– +1 Quart Oil Pan
– Inner Primary High Torque Bearing Kit
– DD6-RV Countershaft Press Tool
– SP9: Street Performance 9 Plate Clutch
– King Kong Klutch
Click on any of the images below to learn more
Recommended Fluid Level
Picking the right transmission fluid ensures the life and durability of your transmission, that’s why BAKER recommends a fully synthetic GL-5 rated gear weight oil of 75W-140. If a GL-5 rated gear lube is not available, these commonly carried viscosities (weights) will work 75W-90, 75W-140 and 85W-140. BAKER does not recommend the use of Syn3 (20W-50). For Bert’s article on ‘Oil & Spiders’ Click Here
BAKER DD6-RV Fluid Capacity Dry: 22-24fl-oz
BAKER DD6-RV Fluid Capacity Wet: 18-22fl-oz
BAKER DD6-RV Installation Instructions with Exploded Views : Click Here